Defining and Executing a Content Strategy for your Organization:
A Content Strategy will form one of the essential building blocks of your overall Digital Strategy. Content comprises what it is you are offering to your customers and what they are typically looking for when they set out to learn about your products and services. It makes sense then that this content ought to be planned, created, managed and delivered in a way that will surprise and satisfy your customers no matter how they choose to engage with you.
It sounds rather obvious but good content doesn’t just happen:
- It is in part the result of a good deal of talent and hard work
from the people who create and deliver the content.
- There must be a plan and there must be a system in place
that makes the most from that talent and hard work.
- The results must be sustainable and able to adapt as the landscape changes.
This is where your Content Strategy comes into play. This workshop will help you define a Content Strategy for your organization and then put that strategy into action.
By the end of this workshop you will understand how your digital content strategy is situated as a dimension of the dStrategy Digital Maturity Model™. You will leave with a number of tools including a Content Strategy evaluation and planning framework that you can tailor to use within your organization.
The workshop will be highly interactive and will involve case studies and exercises drawn from some of the largest and most ambitious practitioners of Content Strategy.
- Evaluate your digital content processes
- Represent your content evaluation in a visual map
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Plan your improvement investments
- Articulate your Content Strategy
- Pitch your Content Strategy to Executive Stakeholders
- Engage your team to realize your goals
- Get the most from available content technologies
- Leverage industry best practices
- Situating the Digital Content Strategy as a dimension of the dStrategy Digital Maturity Model™
- Adopting a Content Life Cycle model
- Evaluating your Content Life Cycle
- Articulating a Plan of Action for Improvement
- Executing on your Digital Content Strategy (Applying Successful Design Patterns)
- Measuring the Success of your Digital Content Strategy
Joe Gollner, Managing Director of Gnostyx Research
Joe is one of the world’s leading Content Strategists who just happens to call Ottawa (or more precisely Manotick) home. He is also the Managing Director of Gnostyx Research, an Ottawa-based consultancy and integrator specializing in content strategy and solutions. For over 25 years, he has led initiatives within large organizations to leverage the possibilities associated with open content standards and intelligent content technologies.
His customers have included such leading innovators as Boeing, HP, Samsung, the US Department of Defense, the Russian Academy of Science, the University of Oxford, as well as many Canadian Federal Government departments. Joe was an Artillery Officer in the Canadian Armed Forces and is a graduate from both Queen’s University (Mathematics and Literature) and the University of Oxford (Masters of Philosophy). He blogs as the Content Philosopher at http://www.gollner.ca.
Prescott Multi-Purpose Room 202, Prescott House, Carleton University
Arrive at 8:45 am
Workshop Hours: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Includes 1 hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks
One-day Workshop – October 2, 2014
- Regular price: $895
- Government or NFP price: $795
- Included in a 3-Day All Inclusive Pass: $1690
- Government or NFP 3-Day All Inclusive Pass: $1590
All prices are quoted in Canadian dollars. 13% HST is applicable.
For conference and workshop combination packages and/or group rates see the Pricing and Registration chart or register now –>