Conference Sessions: Carleton University, River Building
Digital Strategy Conference sessions on Sept 30 and Oct 1st will be held at Carleton University campus at 1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 5B6, in the River Building found on the southern end of Campus Avenue.
Visit the Carleton University website for detailed directions on how to get to the campus. For the exact location of the River Building, look for building code RB on Carleton University’s detailed, downloadable / printable campus map.
Registration will be in the Atrium on the second floor of the River Building.
Location of Workshops Oct 2:
Content Strategy Workshop with Joe Gollner
Prescott Multi-Purpose Room, Prescott House, Carleton University.
For the exact location of Prescott House, look for building code PH on Carleton University’s detailed, downloadable / printable campus map.. Prescott House is located off Campus Ave, about half way between Parking Lot 6 and the River Building. We suggest parking in Parking Lot 6.
Mapping Digital Maturity Workshop with Kelly Kubrick
RB 2211, River Building, Carleton University
Same location as the Conference Sessions described above.
Information on hotel accommodations is provided below.
Transportation and Travel Directions:
Catch the O-Train
Catch the O-Train Light Rail Rapid Transit at Bayview or Greenboro stations. Exit at Campus station to get to Carleton University and the Digital Strategy Conference. From Campus Station, the walk to the River Building is about 3-4 minutes. As you exit, head south along Campus Avenue towards the River Building.
The O-Train starts at either Bayview or Greenboro stations, and takes 15 minutes to travel the distance of the track. If starting from Greenboro or Bayview, it will take about 10 minutes to reach Carleton University. For more information please visit the O-Train website, see the O-Train map, or select your O-Train route. For information on fares, accessibility, schedules and general information, please visit OC Transpo.
Take an OC Transpo bus
Look for the CAMPUS / COMMONS stop (6612) going to Carleton University when planning your route via the OC Transpo Travel Planner or get more general information from the OC Transpo website.
Driving via Highway 417
Carleton University is off Bronson Avenue, which can be accessed via Highway 417 / the Queensway:
- Take the exit Bronson Avenue off of the highway.
- Follow South for 2 kilometers.
- The entrance to the University will be located on the right, on the intersection of Bronson and Sunnyside.
- Continue on University Drive, and then turn left on Campus Avenue.
- Continue on Campus Avenue, and the River Building is the last building on the right.
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier, 1 Rideau St, Ottawa, ON K1N 8S7
- Les Suites Hotel Ottawa, 130 Besserer Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 9M9
- Novotel Ottawa, 33 Nicholas St, Ottawa, ON K1N 9M7
- Westin Ottawa, 11 Colonel By Drive, K1N 9H4
Driving via Highway 416
Highway 401 connects to Highway 416 and then to Highway 417. Take Highway 417 / the Queensway East and follow the same instructions as above.
Please visit http://carleton.ca/campus/map/ for a list of parking options. Lot P2 is the closest to the River Building, however, be careful as the lot has a 4 hour maximum.
Arriving via Ottawa’s Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
The distance from the airport to Carleton University is 11.2 kilometers, and will take about 15 minutes to get there. Assume a taxi fare of about $20.00 CAD.
Arriving by VIA Rail Train
The distance from the VIA Rail Train Station at 200 Tremblay Road, Ottawa, Ontario, K1G 3H 7.6 kilometers or a 10 minute drive. Assume a taxi fare of about $15.00 CAD. Get more information about VIA Rail.
Arriving by Greyhound Bus
The distance from the Greyhound Bus Terminal at 265 Catherine Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 7S5 to Carleton University is 3.0 kilometers and taxi fare will be between $10 and $15. Get more information about the Greyhound Bus Terminal.
There is no official hotel associated with Digital Strategy Conference and although Carleton University does not have many hotels in its immediate vicinity, the closest neighbourhood with accommodation options, restaurants and shops is in the Bank Street and Sunnyside area.
The closest accommodation to the River Building is Sunnyside Bed & Breakfast. Otherwise, slightly further north in the neighbourhood, known as “the Glebe” there Angela’s Bed & Breakfast or Ashbury House Bed & Breakfast.
Alternatively, the campus is located roughly 10 kilometres north of the Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (where there are limited hotel options) or 5 kilometers south of downtown Ottawa (where there are many hotel options).
If you would like to explore Ottawa, the Ottawa Tourism website is an excellent resource with information on where to stay and what to do. You might be interested in staying either the Byward Market, a wonderful walking district, full of restaurants / bars and shopping. Or you might prefer the business district, also known as Centretown. Finally, there are several options closer to the airport. To help you get started, we’ve listed a number of hotels for your consideration.
The Byward Market
Downtown / Centretown (the business district)
- Arc the Hotel, 140 Slater Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5H6
- Albert House Inn, Bed and Breakfast, 478 Albert Street, K1R 5B5
- Best Western Plus Victoria Park Suites, 377 O’Connor Street, Ottawa, ON K2P 2M2
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ottawa-Downtown, 111 Cooper St, Ottawa, ON K2P 2E3
- Hotel Indigo, 123 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K1P 5L9
- Lord Elgin Hotel 100 Elgin St, Ottawa, ON K1P 5K8
- Ottawa Marriott Hotel, 100 Kent Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5N9
Closest to the Ottawa airport
- Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport, 2400 Alert Road, K1V 1S1
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 2881 Gibford Drive, K1V 1C3
- Days Inn Ottawa, 366 Hunt Club Road, K1V 1C1
- Residence Inn Ottawa Airport, 1172 Walkley Road, Ottawa, Ontario, K1V 2P7
- Rideau Heights Inn, Bed and Breakfast, 72 Rideau Heights Drive, K2E 7A6
We’ll see you there!